KLAIPEDA SCALE MODELS SHOW
August 11-13, 2017
Goals and objectives of the competition
- popularization of scale modeling as a hobby;
- exchange of experience between modelers of different ages, attracting new modelers;
- representation of Klaipeda and its environs.
Place and date of the competition
The competition is held from 11 to 13 August 2017 in the gymnasium of the Klaipeda Tourism College (Klaipedos turizmo mokykla). The address of the school: Ave Taikos, 69/22, Klaipeda (Taikos pr., Klaipeda).
16:00 - 20:00 - arrival of participants, admission of models participating in the competition and exhibition.08/12/2017
09:00 - 13:00 - reception of models participating in the competition and exhibition, staging of tents for the Knight's tournament.
09:00 - 19:00 - sale of model items.
13:00 - opening of the exhibition.
13:00 - 19:00 - visiting the exhibition.
13:30 - 15:30 - master class for plastic models, assembly, painting, cunnings.
14:00 - 19:00 - evaluation of competitive models.
16:00 - 18:00 - master class for paper models, assembly and cutting, secrets of skill.
13:00 - 18:00 - classes with children for two groups: the first one - practical exercises with paper models, the second one - painting of plastic miniatures.
13:00 - 19:00 - table top playground, we play strategic games.
ХХ:ХХ - master class for sculpting figures, communication with the sculptor.
ХХ:ХХ - demonstration performances of sportsmen U-SHU (the special program).
ХХ:ХХ - Knight battles, Knights Templar, Northern Order, Livonian Order.
09:00 - 14:00 - visit to the exhibition, sale of model items.
14:00 - announcement of results, awarding, closing of the competition and packing models.
Conditions of the competition
- Single modelers, modeling groups and clubs can participate in the competition.
- Registration is required for participation in the competition and at the same time is an agreement with the rules of the competition.
- The models submitted for the contest must be made by the authors themselves.
- Adult participants (age group "Adults") agree that photos of them and their models can be used for free by the Organizers for statistical and marketing purposes only in the framework of activities related to the competition, including those posted on the Internet resources of the Organizers (http://www.kvaksiuk.com/forum-lt/ and http://wmc.kvaksiuk.com/), as well as in groups and personal pages of Facebook Organizers in the form of photos and records.
- Representatives of younger participants (age groups "Children" and "Juniors") agree that photos of them and their models may be used by the Organizers for statistical and marketing purposes for the purposes of statistics and marketing solely within the framework of activities related to the competition, including those posted on the Internet resources of the Organizers (http://www.kvaksiuk.com/forum-lt/ and http://wmc.kvaksiuk.com/), as well as in groups and personal pages of Facebook Organizers in the form of photos and records.
- The agreement referred to paragraphs 4 and 5 is temporary.
- Organizers guarantee that photos of participants (younger participants) will be used within the framework of the current Legislation.
- Registration of models is carried out on the official website of the competition. However, models can also be registered at the site of the competition before evaluation (08/11/2017-08/12/2017).
- Wishing to take part in a non-competitive exhibition and sell model goods, please contact the organizers no later than one week before the start of the competition. After this date, the Organizers do not guarantee the provision of seats.
- A contestant can provide an unlimited number of models in each category. The final protocol will take into account only one (the best) model in each category.
- Only models manufactured by a modeler from original publications (editions) or legal free patterns downloaded from the Internet, as well as models made by hand (scratch building), models from plastic sets and models constructed according to drawings, are accepted for the competition. Documentation is optional. The model can be presented with the documentation that is in the publication, or the data confirming the changes and changes made in the manufacture of the model.
- Delivery of models to the contest location and back is carried out only by the modeler personally or by his representative. The models participating in the competition are not insured.
- The competition is held in the following age groups:
- Children under 9 years (V1);
- Children 9-13 years old (V2);
- Juniors 14-18 years old (J);
- Adults from 18 years (S).
- Organizers reserve the right to combine similar categories if they do not have the required number of models, or to allocate new categories if they need the required number of models.
- Competition in each age group and in each category is considered to be held if at least 7 models from 4 different modelers are declared in it. If only 2 or 3 modelers are declared, then the competition is considered to be held, but only one model is awarded. If the model claims only 1 modeler, then the competition is considered to be invalid.
Evaluation and rewarding
- The tendered models will be evaluated by a competitive commission appointed by the Organizers. The evaluation is conducted on the principle of "like / dislike" ("similar / unlike"). The invested labor, aesthetics of the model, originality and cleanliness of work will be evaluated. The verdict of the commission is final and can not be appealed.
- In the age groups "Children" and "Juniors" are awarded three nominations (medals, diplomas and prizes) in each category. In the age group "Adults", three categories are awarded (medals, diplomas and prizes (if possible)) in each category. Nominations for seats are not allocated.
- The organizers allow modelers' clubs, publishers, companies and individuals to establish special prizes.
Information about hotels
The hotel is provided by organizers and sponsors with 50% discount from the real cost. The hotel is located in the same building where the contest will be held. The price for participants with discount is (per day per person):
- 1 place in 3-4 bed room (toilet and shower on the floor) - 8 EUR;
- 1 place in a double room "Lux" (toilet, shower, refrigerator, TV in the room) - 12 EUR;
- 1 place in the room with a separate entrance (toilet, shower, refrigerator, TV in the room) - 15 EUR.
If you are not satisfied with the proposed conditions, you can choose another hotel here.